The GUC is a private Egyptian
university that is financed by Egyptian
investors. The partnership with the Universität
Stuttgart and Universität Ulm is based on a
cooperation agreement. Other partners are the
Universität Tübingen and Universität Mannheim.
The members of the Board of
Trustees are Egyptian and German prominent figures from
politics and science. The German members
- Prof. Karl Joachim Ebeling, President of the University of Ulm
- Prof. Peter Frankenberg, former Minister of Science, Research and the Arts of Baden-Württemberg
- Prof. Dieter Fritsch, Former Rector of the University of Stuttgart
- Prof. Wolfram Ressel, Rector of the University of Stuttgart
- Michael Bock, German Ambassador to Egypt
- Dr. Arend Oetker, President of the Donors' Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities
- Prof. Hans Wolff, Former Rector of the University of Ulm
The chairman of the Board of
Trustees is Prof. Ashraf Mansour, vice-chairman
is Prof. Hans Wolff.
The rector of the GUC is Prof. Mahmoud Abdelkader.
The faculties are represented by
German "Founding Deans" and "Cooperation
Partners" of the partner universities. Each
Founding Dean is supported by a Cooperation
Partner from another university.
Together with their Egyptian partners they have
developed the curricula for the study programs,
are supporting the establishment of the labs and
are participating in the annual recruitment
process for academic staff.
For specific information on the
study programs please contact the Founding Deans and Cooperation
Plaque presented on
the occasion of the laying of the foundation
Meeting of Board of Trustees
Workshop of the
Ashraf Mansour, founder of